Lyxor ETF Money Monitor: Despite solid asset accumulation in April across Equity funds and ETFs, concerns over reflationary pressures and higher government bond yields weighed further on the market momentum.
Vincent Denoiseux, Head of ETF Research and Solutions at Lyxor Asset Management
– ETF flows: ETFs have gathered €15.8bn through April 2021, close to March’s record. Fixed Income and Equity ETFs accumulated €5.0bn and €10.0bn respectively.
– ESG ETFs continue their strong trend and gathered €5.6 bn, with cumulated flow year to date standing at €34.1 bn more than half of the total ETF asset gathering (€66.0 bn)
– Smart Beta ETFs gathered €1.5bn. Investors’ preference for Value is still very much alive.
– Fixed Income funds and ETFs: fixed income funds and ETFs gathered a combined €30.3bn in net new assets with €25.3bn into open-end funds and €5.0bn into ETFs.
– Equity fund and ETFs: equity ETFs and openend funds enjoyed €38.8bn of net new assets, with 28.8bn into funds and €10.0bn into ETFs.