Lyxor ETF Money Monitor: It was another strong month for Equity and Fixed Income flows across the board. Investors’ appetite for risk assets showed no signs of slowing down.
Vincent Denoiseux, Head of ETF Research and Solutions at Lyxor Asset Management
– ETF flows: ETFs gathered €10.0bn in August 2021. Fixed Income and Equity ETFs took in €3.1bn and €6.5bn respectively.
– ESG ETF flows were well supported, with €5.2bn of inflows in August. ESG ETFs flows since the beginning of the year totalled €55.9bn, representing almost half of total flows in the European ETF market.
– Smart Beta ETFs recorded -€0.4bn net outflows. Investors turned back to more defensive building blocks such as Quality whilst Value lost its appeal.
– Fixed Income funds and ETFs: fixed income funds and ETFs gathered a combined €24.8bn in net new assets, with €21.7bn into openended funds and €3.1bn into ETFs. Flows were mostly directed into Global or Euro exposures.
– Equity fund and ETFs: equity ETFs and openended funds enjoyed €25.5bn of net new assets, with €18.9bn into funds and €6.5bn into ETFs. US and Japan were sought after along with the Healthcare sector.