Lyxor ETF Money Monitor: February was a strong month for risk assets, with both Equity and Fixed Income gathering solid flows.
Vincent Denoiseux, Head of ETF Research and Solutions at Lyxor Asset Management
– February was a strong month for risk assets, with both Equity and Fixed Income gathering solid flows. Concerns over inflation have started to cloud the investment mood, however, and investors are increasingly looking at inflation-linked bonds and Value exposures via Financial and Energy sectors.
– ETFs gathered €18.0bn through February 2021. Fixed Income and Equity ETFs accumulated €5.4bn and €11.4bn respectively.
– ESG ETFs continued their unprecedented trend by gathering a whopping €12.6bn, setting a new record and capturing 70% of the total ETF flows.
– Smart Beta ETFs gathered €1.2bn, with Value and Equal Weight strategies gathering continued interest from investors.
– Fixed Income funds and ETFs gathered a combined €27.9bn in net new assets with €22.6bn into open-end funds and €5.4bn into ETFs.
– Equity fund and ETFs enjoyed €46.6bn of net new assets, with 35.2bn into funds and €11.4bn into ETFs.
Flows summary for the European ETF market in February 2021.
What happened last month?
– Equity ETFs gathered €11.4bn in net new assets.
– Fixed Income ETFs gathered €5.4bn.
– Another record month for ESG ETFs with €12.6bn in net new assets and 70% of total monthly flows.