Lyxor ETF Money Monitor: March was a record month for Equity ETFs, which gathered €18.9bn. This represents more than 40% of total Equity flows (€45.4bn) across Funds and ETFs.
Vincent Denoiseux, Head of ETF Research and Solutions at Lyxor Asset Management
– ETF flows: ETFs gathered €16.8bn in March. Fixed Income ETFs had €-2.1bn of outflows, and Equity ETFs €18.9bn of inflows.
– ESG ETFs continued their strong trend by gathering €7.3bn. Year to date, ESG ETFs have gathered €28.6bn (or 57% of European ETFs cumulative net flows), four times higher than the same period last year, when flows were €6.2bn from January to March 2020.
– Smart Beta ETFs gathered €6.9bn with a strong focus on Value and Equal-Weighted strategies – a way to diversify concentration risk among recent top performers such as Tech.
– Fixed Income funds and ETFs gathered only €9.0bn in net new assets amid rising interest rates. €11.1bn went into open-ended funds and €-2.1bn out of ETFs, with investors showing a preference for diversified exposures.
– Equity funds and ETFs enjoyed €45.4bn of inflows, with €26.5bn in funds and €18.9bn in ETFs. Investors piled into World Equities, World Financials and US Value exposures.