Ossiam has announced that the company’s four ESG exchange-traded funds (ETFs) now carry an official French socially responsible investment label following an audit by EY France, the professional services consultancy….
Bruno Poulin, CEO of Ossiam
The SRI label was launched by the French Ministry for Finance in 2015 following an investment industry initiative and is backed by L’Association Française de la Gestion financière (AFG), the French asset management trade association.
The label is a benchmark for investors by which they can evaluate investment products that aim to reconcile economic performance with social and environmental impact. It is based on sound methodologies that satisfy requirements for transparency and high quality information.
Bruno Poulin, CEO of Ossiam, said,”The SRI label acknowledges our team’s commitment to socially-responsible and ESG investment and the quality of their work. Since the company’s establishment Ossiam has been driven by a strong awareness of the challenges in sustainable development. ESG issues are central to the construction of Ossiam’s investment strategies.”
At the end of December 2019, Ossiam managed a total of €770 mn in assets within its ESG offering, the first fund of which was launched in 2016.
To obtain the label, a fund must meet a set of criteria broken down into six categories:
– the fund’s general objectives (financial and ESG)
– ESG criteria analysis and rating methodology implemented by the companies in which the fund invests
– the inclusion of ESG criteria during portfolio’s development and existence.
– the ESG engagement policy with the companies in which the fund invests (including voting and dialogue)
– transparency in the management of the fund
– measuring the impact of ESG management on the development of a sustainable economy
The Ossiam funds carrying the SRI label are:
Ossiam US Minimum Variance ESG NR
Ossiam World ESG Machine Learning UCITS ETF
Ossiam ESG Low Carbon Shiller Barclays CAPE® US Sector UCITS ETF
Ossiam US ESG Low Carbon Equity Factors UCITS ETF