WisdomTree, has announced the dividend distributions for the third quarter of 2016 of the WisdomTree UCITS ETFs, as detailed below...
Sign up for our weekly Newsletter and receive the latest ETF and ETC news. Click here to register for your free copy
Ex-Date: 29 September 2016
Record Date: 30 September 2016
Payment Date: 11 October 2016
|Sub-Fund/Share Class||ISIN||Currency||Amount per Share|
|WisdomTree US Equity Income UCITS ETF||IE00BQZJBQ63||USD|
|WisdomTree US Small Cap Dividend UCITS ETF||IE00BQZJBT94||USD|
Key points to note:
1. WisdomTree’s Equity Income ETFs tilt around defensive sectors such as energy, utilities and financials, offering an approach that hunts for valuation opportunities in different regional equity markets
2. The yield premium attained with WisdomTree’s Equity Income approach was harnessed by three key components:
· By screening for the highest dividend-yielding segment of the stock market, all non-dividend payers were automatically excluded from the index, unlike market-cap weighted indices, where size will potentially expose investors to low yields or non-dividend payers.
· By weighting by total cash-dividends as opposed to just dividend yield, the risks to value traps were mitigated, as stocks demonstrating the largest cash dividends received the highest weight.
· Through the annual rebalance, sufficient scope allowed for value opportunities to emerge and for expensive growth stocks to be removed. Over several rebalancing cycles, a yield premium over market-cap weighted strategies is maintained, along with the potential for better risk-adjusted returns.